All Everything You Need to Know About Taking Flowers into the Airport – from Selecting the Right Types and Colors to Packaging and Presentation from the floral experts at Welke’s House of Roses, Milwaukee’s top florist.
When you pick someone up from the airport, do it in style with flowers! Whether it’s your girlfriend, mother, or other special people, greeting them with flowers at the airport makes your reunion so much more personal and memorable. A beautiful bouquet of flowers can instantly express how you’re feeling – that is if you’ve selected the right color and type of flowers for what you want to say. The flowers you use to express “I love you” and “I missed you” to your girlfriend or wife will be very different from the flowers you use to express those same sentiments to your mom or best friend. To make sure you don’t send mixed messages, and for more important tips on taking flowers to the airport, keep reading.
Know the Language of Flowers
Fresh Flowers for Friends
Presenting flowers to a friend is a great way to honor your friendship and let them know how glad you are that they are in your life. There are plenty of beautiful flowers to choose from that represent friendship, such as:
- Alstroemeria – Friendship and Optimism
- Chrysanthemums – “You’re a wonderful friend”
- Geraniums – True Friendship
- Iris – “Your friendship means so much to me”
- Yellow Roses – Friendship and Joy
- Yellow Tulips – Friendship and Cheerfulness
- Zinnias – “Never forget absent friends”
Romantic Blooms for Significant Others
When it comes to presenting flowers to someone who is near and dear to you, then choose flowers that symbolize passion, deep bonds, love, and romance, such as:
- Dahlia – Excitement and Lasting Bond
- Forget-Me-Not – “True love memories”
- Roses – Romance, Passion, and Love
- Honeysuckle – “The bond of love”
- Lavender – Enchantment & Love at First Sight
- Pink Camellia – Longing and often given to those we miss
- Red Chrysanthemums – “I love you”
- Stocks – Bonds of Affection and Happy Life
Meaningful Petals for Family
Visiting family members, or those who are returning back home, should be greeted with blooms that express how much you care about those special people who are your family. Any of the below florals make great choices to express this sentiment.
- Hydrangea – Heartfelt Sincerity and Gratitude
- Orange Tulips – Warmth
- Peach Roses – Missing Someone
- Pink Carnations – Gratitude and a Mother’s Undying Love
Cheerful Flowers for Any Traveler/Visitor
If you cannot decide what type of flowers and blooms are best to greet your guests with after a long flight, find something uplifting that symbolizes your joy and happiness for their company or a simple “welcome.” As you continue your search, take into consideration some of these popular classics.
- Baby’s Breath – Happiness
- Calla Lilies – Rejuvenation, Classy Style, and Luxurious Appeal
- Gerbera Daisies – Cheerfulness and Loyal Love
- Pink Roses – Appreciation, Joy, and Gratitude
- Safflowers – Welcome
- Sunflowers – Happiness
- Sweet Pea – “Thank you,” Bliss, Pleasure, and a great way to bid someone “farewell” after a wonderful visit
- Wisteria – Welcome
- Yellow Lily – Gratitude
Related Meanings of Colors
The colors of flowers also have their own meaning. Keep this in mind when you are selecting blooms for a friend, family neighbor, or sweetheart.
- Light Pink – Admiration
- Peach – Gratitude
- Pink – Gratitude and Appreciation
- Red – Passion, Love, and Romance
- Yellow – Joy and Friendship
Make your airport guest feel extra special by greeting them at the airport with fresh-cut flowers. It’s a great way to be welcomed home and expresses a connection between the two of you which is unique and honored. And, don’t get them the cheap big box store or grocery store flowers that are made up of mostly filler and blooms that don’t last. These are the most important people in your life – give them quality flowers from a real florist. We are happy to help! Visit us in our store or peruse our selection of gorgeous blooms online.